Driving School
De Clercqstraat 17, Amsterdam
English Driving school Amsterdam

driving lessons english driving school amsterdam

English Driving Lessons

The English Driving school has over 500 students a year
Read more…
Theory course english driving school amsterdam

Theory courses

Need to get your Dutch theory for the Car or Motor, let us advice you!
Read more…
sppedcourse driving lessons english driving school amsterdam

Driving Speed courses

Want to get your Dutch license fast or only need a couple of driving lessons?
Read more…
driving lessons fear english driving school amsterdam

Get used to Dutch traffic

Are you experiencing fear of driving?
Let us help you.
Read more…

Information about the Dutch driver’s license

To drive a car in the Netherlands you can sometimes exchange your driving license from another country. You can drive for 185 days on the driving license from your country. After the 185 days you have to retake the theory and practical exam in the Netherlands in order to have a valid driving license. The CBR is the organisation who´s taking the practical and theory exam.

Theory exam

The theory exam at CBR consists of two parts. You must pass both parts to pass the theory exam. The first part consists of 25 questions about danger recognition/hazard perception. You must answer at least 12 questions correctly. You have 8 seconds to answer each question. Each question has a picture of a traffic situation and you can answer with 3 possible answers: brake, release the accelerator or do nothing.

The second part consists of 40 questions concerning the traffic rules (30 questions) and insight into various traffic situations (10 questions). For the second part, you must have at least 35 answers correctly.

Tips for the theory exam:
• You can follow a one-day CBR theory course to pass your theory exam. This will greatly increase your success of passing.
• You can use a CBR theory book with 15 hours exam training if you want to study by yourself.
• You can book your theory exam at mijn.cbr.nl or via the English driving school Amsterdam.
• The theory exam can be tricky, be sure to prepare!

Practical exam

The practical exam at the CBR is a driving test of around one hour. To schedule the practical exam you need to have a driving school. English Driving School Amsterdam can organise this practical exam for you. The average waiting list at the CBR for the practical exam is around 6-8 weeks, depending on the time of the year.
After you finish your practical exam you have to file for the driver’s license at the municipality in your city or ‘Stadsdeel’. It takes 5 days to process you request and the costs are 38,40. You can also file for a speed up, this costs 72,50 and takes 1 day.
Call the English driving school Amsterdam at (+31)20 489 08 01 for more information.

Using a foreign license

When you live in Amsterdam there are several ways to use a license from a different country. You may be able to file for an exchange of your license.

Non-EU/EER driving license (regardless of your nationality);
You are allowed to drive in the Netherlands with a valid non-EU/EER driving license for 185 days (6 months) after the registration at your municipality or the expat centre.
EU/EER driving license (regardless of your nationality);
You can use your EU/EER in the Netherlands for a period of 10 years after the issue date of your license. Regardless of the issue date you are always allowed to drive for 1 year with an EU/EER driving license.

30 % ruling

• If you or your partner is entitled for the 30% tax ruling, you will have the option to exchange your driving license without having to retake any exams.
• If you are not entitled for the tax ruling, you will have to pass the theory and practical exam.
• When your license is out of date, you are not allowed to drive a car in the Netherlands.
• The exchange procedure may take up to 6 weeks. We advise not to drive a car during this period.
• An international driving permit is a translation of your driving license and is not accepted as your driving license in the Netherlands if you need to exchange yours because of a non-EU nationality.

More information about the 30% ruling